Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Roanoke City Art Show

I'm very excited to blog today about the Roanoke City Art Show because it reminds me of the time that I was in the Juried Student Show at Radford University. Long story short, it was the first time I had ever been in a show and my work wasn't even that impressive - if you ask me. I had done a drawing of three fish changing into seaweed and guess what...I won the purchase award! Isn't that cool? So now my work is part of the permanent collection at Radford University and I even had the piece featured in my Exit Show.

But here I am blabbing on about myself when I should be telling you about the City Art Show! It's coming up this week - opening night is this THURSDAY the 1st. Be there - at Center in the Square - we're on the second floor - so now you know where...Well that answers the question of why I'm a poet and not a rapper.

Well I guess if I want you to attend, I'd better give you a little more info. As I said, the opening night is Thursday and the show will run October 2nd to November 8th. Gallery hours are 11 AM to 4 PM - and again, we're on the 2nd floor of Center in the Square. Look for our black and white City Art Show poster as well as our red and white Arts Council posters.

I hope to see you all there, I'll probably be the one with the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment